Monday, November 26, 2007

How Observant are You?


If only there could be a scientific method of measuring one’s level of observance. A method beyond reproach, something that will expose all those claiming to be observant, yet behind the doors they’ll do what they please.

Guess what? I have found just that.

Watch this movie ONE time only.

There are two teams passing the ball to each other, one dressed in black the other in white shirts. Can you count how many times the ball is passed from one person to the next by the team in white?

Remember, watch the clip ONCE only and try to get it right the first time. Watching it a second time will invalidate the results.

Here is a link to the clip.
When you’re finished watching the clip remember the number of passes and continue (do not click until you have watched the movie and know how many times the ball changed possession between the youngsters with the white shirts) by clicking here.


11 comments:

  1. Ok I admit i never saw the gorilla!

    But you see I don't use the word observant, when describing a Dati
    I use the expression ' a practising Jew'.
    I have found it less offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I counted 14 AND saw the gorilla. I thought maybe I missed one when I "observed" him, but I don't think so.

    I didn't find it too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yingerman,
    I was just playing with the word. It's a great practice in what we notice even when looking.

    David,
    As a professed skeptic allow me to remain skeptical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shtreimel, G-d is my witness that I saw it.

    I'm a frum guy-would I lie to you?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. David,
    It would depend on how observant you are...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I counted 14 and saw the gorilla. The results I got were "very nice, but I don't believe you".
    It's a good experiment and it makes a valid point, but give the general public a little more credit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. David and Jonas-
    I counted 15 and didn't see the gorilla. so you did, in fact, miss one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you trying to prove that observant Jews should pay more attention to those who wear white shirts than colored shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think he was trying to prove that Jews should pay more attention to gorillas. I know that's what I got out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got thirteen (with a moment when they confused me, and I was pretty sure I missed at least one).

    No gorilla.

    ReplyDelete

If you HAVE to post anonymously please sign off with a nickname. Thanks.